GC&SU Standards of
Standards of Governance were adopted by the University Council on September 22,
Within our University:
- Faculty, staff, students and administrators will interact with mutual
respect and will value input, rational discussion and respect for each
person's position or place at the University.
- All governance, planning, and decision making should allow all
interested and affected parties to be included.
- The existing rules, regulations, policies and procedures of Georgia
College & State University should be clearly defined, supported, adhered to,
and widely distributed among faculty, staff, students and administrators.
- Faculty, staff, students and administrators shall have the right to
participate in the governance of the University; everyone shall have the
right to be heard, without repercussion, regardless of one's position within
- Faculty, staff, administrators and fellow students share responsibility
for the education and development of students.
- Georgia College & State University will have a stable structure of
governance that is flexible and includes a process for review and revision.